[kde-linux] In KDE4, to set a different background for each of the multiple desktops

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Thu Dec 24 15:36:45 UTC 2009

At 13:37:32 on Thursday Thursday 24 December 2009, "Gaffer."
<derrick_s at tesco.net> wrote:
> Which is why KDE with "4" has lost its way !
> All due respect to the developers and their vision,  but going down the
> road they have has not helped endearment of KDE 4.   I see parallels
> with the "Digital TV"  debacle.  Analog is going to be switched off
> whether you like it or not !

Digital TV is not a good analogy. The reason for forcing its adoption at
the expense of individual inconvenience is that it saves bandwidth by
making multiplexing possible. The society profits from the change. Nobody
profits from the forced adoption of KDE4, and there is no payback to the
inconvenience of individual users.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on