[kde-linux] In KDE4, to set a different background for each of the multiple desktops

Gaffer. derrick_s at tesco.net
Thu Dec 24 11:37:32 UTC 2009

On Thursday 24 December 2009 11:20:47 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 24 December 2009 10:35:51 Stan Goodman wrote:
> > It's called criticism. It's the convenient way to let the
> > development team know that they have gone off the rails, if not
> > completely off their trolley. Discussion does not have to be
> > limited to "How do I ....".
>
> It might have been useful, once upon a time, but the developers have
> had two years of people complaining that they can't be bothered to
> learn the new ways. When people have made genuine constructive
> criticism it has been heard and acted upon.  There are several major
> examples of this.  They have been talked about here and elsewhere,
> and no, I'm not going to repeat them.
>
> I seriously hope no-one expects to get anything useful or helpful
> from this thread, because most people capable of helping have long
> stopped reading it.
>
> Anne

Which is why KDE with "4" has lost its way !
All due respect to the developers and their vision,  but going down the
road they have has not helped endearment of KDE 4.   I see parallels
with the "Digital TV"  debacle.  Analog is going to be switched off
whether you like it or not !

--
Best Regards:
             Derrick.