[kde-linux] 20090825KL -- Putting A File On The Desktop

Farhad Hedayati Fard hf.farhad at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 06:18:57 UTC 2009

Hi Bruce
Right click on desktop and select "Unlock Widgets" then again right
click on desktop and select "Add Widgets" , now find the "Folder View"
widget in the "Add Widgets dialog" and click on "Add Widget" button.

An alternative way for showing folders and icons on desktop is (i'm
not sure this is implemented in kde 4.2) :
Right click on desktop select "Desktop Settings" , no in "Desktop
Activity" section select the Type combobox and select "Folder View".
This will show the icons on your desktop ,not in the folder view widget.

Farhad.

On Wednesday 26 August 2009 09:25:06 Bruce MacArthur wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 August 2009 11:41:12 pm Anoop wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Bruce
>
> MacArthur<bmacasuru at fastmail.us> wrote:
> > > Greetings --
> > >
> > > I am running Kubuntu Jaunty, and would like to be able to
access a
> > > particular document (which is simple HTML) directly from the
>
> Desktop.
>
> > > It is already filed (or "saved") in the "Desktop" folder, but it
does

> not
>
> > > appear.  Neither have I yet been able to see how to "fix" this.  I
> > > suspect that it is ridiculously simple -- but so am I!  Can anyone
>
> point
>
> > > me in the direction that I obviously ought to be heading in?
>
>  THANKS.
>
> > I am a Fedora user, Not sure whether Kubuntu Jaunty has KDE4 or
not.
> > If it has, then you can try adding folder view plasmoid on the
> > desktop. Change its settings to show the desktop folder. This
should
> > show your desktop files.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Anoop
> >
> > > Bruce   Mac Arthur

> linux.
>
> > > Archives: http://lists.kde.org/.
> > > More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.

linux.
> > Archives: http://lists.kde.org/.
> > More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
>
> Hello, Anoop --
> THANK YOU for an EXTREMELY prompt reply.  In fact, I am running
KDE