[kde-linux] 20090825KL -- Putting A File On The Desktop

Bruce MacArthur bmacasuru at fastmail.us
Wed Aug 26 07:28:34 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 26 August 2009 01:18:57 am Farhad Hedayati Fard wrote:
> Hi Bruce
> Right click on desktop and select "Unlock Widgets" then again right
> click on desktop and select "Add Widgets" , now find the "Folder View"
> widget in the "Add Widgets dialog" and click on "Add Widget" button.
>
> An alternative way for showing folders and icons on desktop is (i'm
> not sure this is implemented in kde 4.2) :
> Right click on desktop select "Desktop Settings" , no in "Desktop
> Activity" section select the Type combobox and select "Folder View".
> This will show the icons on your desktop ,not in the folder view
widget.

> Farhad.

Hello, Farhad --
When I right-click on the Desktop, there is no such thing as a "Desktop
Settings" option -- and it does not seem to simply have a different name!
I think that you are correct to guess that it is not implemented in KDE
4.2.2.  However, I sincerely appreciate your alternative suggestion that
might well have worked -- THANK YOU!!!

Bruce   Mac Arthur