[kde-linux] DigiKam thinks 320x240 pictures is 4GB !?

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Sun Apr 5 08:13:19 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have a funny "problem"
Usually I don't care for applications "à la iPhoto" such as DigiKam. But I
recently digg up an older "micro DIGICAM", some cheap crap that stores 20
pictures in useless 320x240 pixel and used to work only with the Windows
software I have long since lost (lsusb gives "NH, Ltd  Ch-ez! Snap / iClick
Tiny VGA Digital Camera").

So I thought I'd try it with today's Linux (OpenSuSE 10.3 and 11.1) and
DigiKam, and DigiKam did find the camera and show the crappy pictures.

So where's the problem? Well, I can't download the pictures (shown as *.ppm),
because their size is apparently unknown, so DigiKam seems to think they are
4GB and tells me I have not enough space to download :)

This is totally unimportant for this camera, but it sounds to me like a bug.
Note I got the same results under 10.3 (KDE 3) and 11.1 (KDE 4).

Thierry