[kde-linux] KDE Low disk space warnings

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Thu Sep 25 17:06:30 UTC 2008

On Thursday 25 September 2008, Sylviane et Perry White wrote:
> On Thursday 25 September 2008 05:49, Murray Trainer wrote:
> > We are using KDE 3.5.5. When the disk space on /home is less than 4% all
> > kde users get a warning. Does anyone know if that can be changed or
> > disabled?
>
> Sorry, I don't know,
> but I'm afraid you are asking for trouble.
>
> Even if you made certain (how?) that the partition would never be 100% full
> I have a feeling that there is a penalty associated with your disk usage,
> and a real danger if you cross the border.
> Perhaps some more knowlegable person here can provide additional details.
>
> I would definitively either remove stuff from this partition or enlarge it.
>

> Greetings		Perry

Once the /home partition is full NO user will be able to log in, because the
system won't have any space to write it's logs. SO it seems sound to warn all
users that they may get troubles even if it's caused by another user.

I don't know what would happen if you put the users's homes on different
partitions.......

Thierry

--
“Microsoft isn't evil,
they just make really crappy operating systems.” Linus Torvald