[kde-linux] KDE Low disk space warnings

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 19:10:57 UTC 2008

On Thursday 25 September 2008 01:06 pm, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
> Once the /home partition is full NO user will be able to log in,
because the
> system won't have any space to write it's logs. SO it seems sound to
warn all
> users that they may get troubles even if it's caused by another user.

Aren't the logs on /var?  If not, to which logs are you referring?

(Aside: I have /var (and several other directories) on its (their) own
dedicated partition(s), for, among other reasons, to avoid the problem
you describe.

Randy Kramer
--
I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I created a video
instead.--with apologies to Cicero, et.al.