[kde-linux] Status of KDE 4.1.2?

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Fri Oct 10 22:02:02 UTC 2008

Hello,

I just downloaded the newest Mandriva (2009 free) to give it a try. It comes
with KDE 4.1.2 and I wondered what exactly is the status of the Desktop and
kickoff parts?

I love kicker, and if kickoff is "finished" it's a show stopper for me: almost
no configuration options, too large, fancy but not intuitive "configuration"
elements. I can't help but feel the developpers looked too much at OS X
instead of remembering OS 9's simplicity...

The new numbering system makes it hard to know when which element quits
development state.

Thierry

--
“Microsoft isn't evil,
they just make really crappy operating systems.” Linus Torvald