[kde-linux] kde4 performance, was: Cannot access certain site

giuseppe gran hawake at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 10:29:04 UTC 2008

2008/3/29, Werner Joss <werner at hoernerfranzracing.de>:
> Am Samstag, 29. März 2008 09:04:14 schrieb david:
>  > Why? From what I've seen of KDE4, its new rendering requires far more
>  > video horsepower than any computer I own.
>
>  unfortunately, this is reality.
>  kde4 really turned my 2 computers (both > 2 GHz, 512+ MB RAM, on board
>  intel/sis graphics - ultra-fast and responsive under kde 3.5.x) into slugs,
>  reminding my of the days when I ran kde 2.0 on a 300 mhz, 64 MB AMD.
>  and this is the _real_ reason why I don't use it currently.
>  I hope this situation will improve soon (with qt 4.4 ?).
>  otherwise, kde4 will only be useable for those with high end graphics cards.
>
>  werner

Hi,
i tested many times KDE 4. Now i'm using it in OpenSuSE 10.3 and i've
noticed that with my hardware (GenuineIntel 2400 Mhz, 768 MB ram,
nVidia GeForce 5600 FX) it is faster than KDE 3.5.x... Is strange that
with yours hardware it lags... maybe it want more ram?

--
http://www.javalightserver.org
Linux user number 433087