[kde-linux] kde4 performance, was: Cannot access certain site

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Sat Mar 29 08:39:36 UTC 2008

Am Samstag, 29. März 2008 09:04:14 schrieb david:
> Why? From what I've seen of KDE4, its new rendering requires far more
> video horsepower than any computer I own.

unfortunately, this is reality.
kde4 really turned my 2 computers (both > 2 GHz, 512+ MB RAM, on board
intel/sis graphics - ultra-fast and responsive under kde 3.5.x) into slugs,
reminding my of the days when I ran kde 2.0 on a 300 mhz, 64 MB AMD.
and this is the _real_ reason why I don't use it currently.
I hope this situation will improve soon (with qt 4.4 ?).
otherwise, kde4 will only be useable for those with high end graphics cards.

werner