[kde-linux] Kmenu moved

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 15 11:35:30 UTC 2008

On Saturday 15 March 2008 11:20:33 Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Fri March 14 2008, Colin J Thomson wrote:
> > > I don't have access to kde4 at the moment.  Isn't there a Move on the
> > > right-click menu?
> >
> > Its actually a widget, as to moving it I am not sure but you could remove
> > it, "right click remove" and then with "add widget" you can choose one of
> > the Application Launchers, traditional being Kmenu and _drag_ this to
> > where you want it.
> > This is how it is on this F8 box running 4.0.1
>
> ok, so I right-click and removed the widget.
> then I toom my mouse over to the far left, and right-click add widget,
> application launcher. It created it on the far right, to the right of the
> clock.

OK, this is correct using the "add widget" but....

As I wrote you must "drag" the widget from the add widget d/box to where you
want it in the Panel, do not use the "add widget" option or double click it.

> is the some config file , ~/.kde/share/config/??? that you can remove to
> reset kde4 tray to default?

This link has some very good tips/info

http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Projects/Plasma/FAQ

HTH