[kde-linux] Desktop behavior

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Thu Jul 24 18:04:56 UTC 2008

I drag a file attachment from a email onto the desktop. Once was it got copied
to the desktop folder and the icon appeared. I removed the file or the icon,
it was deleted or to the trashcan. Simple, intuitive, normal.

Comes KDE4. I drag a file to the desktop. I get the icon. Just the icon and
that points to the location of the file which is probably in some temporary or
volatile location. Next time a click that icon. No file. long gone.

I do not mind removing an icon not removing the actual file. However, the
unintuitive action to me should be changed.