[kde-linux] Installing KDE4 on Sid

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 30 21:22:48 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 30 January 2008 06:52:37 David Baron wrote:
> More: There is a live-CD image with KDE4 on Suse on the kde-apps site.

Live CD images are appearing for several distros.  I downloaded one with
Fedora, and I believe there is a Mandriva one too.

Don't underestimate the 'new look'.  What's really important about it is that
it uses svg graphics, so working with a small screen will be very different
from the present experience.

What I saw on the LiveCD was very interesting.  I'm looking forward to seeing
it in my distro, whether it's Fedora or Mandriva.