[kde-linux] KDED crashes on KDE 3.5.8

Emanoil Kotsev a9706152 at unet.univie.ac.at
Sat Jan 26 00:00:56 UTC 2008

Hi,

> I think it's a problem with X, actually. X on my laptop (has Intel 855
> video chipset) is set to use the i8x0 video driver - yet one of the
> concluding error messages that shows up consistently is one where it
> appears to be trying to use an Intel830 chipset feature not found in
>  the
> 855 chipset. And using the Intel video driver is just asking for
>  trouble!

well I'm using the intel driver, no  DRM because of the second display :-(
insane stuff but what can I do ...

> When I end a KDE session, I have no windows open. There are icons in
>  the
> little system tray, including Kopete which sometimes shows an error or
> two after I exit KDE. But even with the thing set to not reload a
> session, it seems to happen.

I have no problems when logging out from a session (except sometimes skype is
blocking everything)
What I remember is that if I don't logout for some long peroid of time -
2-3days I have troubles ... mostly caused by fam but else everything is fine.

Which X-Version do you have and which kernel version?

I have (build the kernel myself):

Notebook Latitude D520

X Window System Version 1.3.0
Release Date: 19 April 2007
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 1.3
Build Operating System: Linux Debian (xorg-server 2:1.3.0.0.dfsg-12lenny2)
Current Operating System: Linux maistor 2.6.20.1eko1-spl2 #1 SMP Fri Dec 7
02:08:16 CET 2007 i686
Build Date: 19 January 2008

I've read something about py-gtk causing this problem.

Does somebody knows about something like this?

thanks and best regards