[kde-linux] KDED crashes on KDE 3.5.8

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Jan 25 10:34:35 UTC 2008

Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
> Hello, everybody,
>
> X Error: BadWindow (invalid window parameter) 3
>    Major opcode: 19
>    Minor opcode: 0
>    Resource id: 0x2600091
>
> I was googling today because I see this all the time in my .xsession-errors
> file and it's getting bigger and bigger (the file I mean). I have actually
> folling in my error file. I don't think kded is crashing
>
> X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
>   Major opcode:  20
>   Minor opcode:  0
>   Resource id:  0xc00104
> X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
>   Major opcode:  19
>   Minor opcode:  0
>   Resource id:  0xc00104
> Very strange! got a DCOPReply opcode, but we were not waiting for a reply!
> X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
>   Major opcode:  19
>   Minor opcode:  0
>   Resource id:  0x500004a
> X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
>   Major opcode:  19
>   Minor opcode:  0
>   Resource id:  0x5200024
> X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
>   Major opcode:  19
>   Minor opcode:  0
>   Resource id:  0x5a00003
>
> X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
>   Major opcode:  19
>   Minor opcode:  0
>   Resource id:  0x5600003
>
> X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
>   Major opcode:  20
>   Minor opcode:  0
>   Resource id:  0x5408015
>
> I was trying to find out where it is coming from but couldn't until now.
> I am also not quite sure that I can reproduce it. I think it happens when I
> resize or close windows.

Don't know about that, but I see those kinds of things in my xerrors log
all the time.

> David, are you useing second display. I have a feeling it is an X server
> problem or something not working between X and KDE.

No second display here - just the built in laptop display.

I think it's a problem with X, actually. X on my laptop (has Intel 855
video chipset) is set to use the i8x0 video driver - yet one of the
concluding error messages that shows up consistently is one where it
appears to be trying to use an Intel830 chipset feature not found in the
855 chipset. And using the Intel video driver is just asking for trouble!

> My KDE is also v3.5.8 on Debian.
>
> I think when I was using single display with GL the message wass not there,
> but I am not quite sure. need to check this when I have more time.
>
> I was able to reproduce it with idle for python. when closing it prints:
>
> X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
>   Major opcode:  19
>   Minor opcode:  0
>   Resource id:  0x520000f
>
> thus may be when some aplications close something wrong happens.
>
> If you here something on this subject let me know.
>
> best regards

When I end a KDE session, I have no windows open. There are icons in the
little system tray, including Kopete which sometimes shows an error or
two after I exit KDE. But even with the thing set to not reload a
session, it seems to happen.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com