[kde-linux] Kmail (plus more troubles)

Kevin M Coonan MD kevin.coonan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 21:26:48 UTC 2008

On Thursday 20 December 2007 13:35:35 Gaffer. wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> A general question.  Running Open SuSE 10.3  KDE Desktop.
> Are there any known issues with Kmail not sending messages in the
> outbox Using "Check Mail In" and timed mail checks, where "Send mail
> on all Mail checks" is ticked.
>
> I'm having an issue with mail not being sent at all or very
> intermittently.  I thought at first that this could be an ISP problem
> but it doesn't happen using SuSE 10.1 or 10.2.
>
> Thanks.

I have been having the same problems under openSuSE 10.2.  I also have had the
same intollerable repsonse w/ IMAP that another user has mentioned (not
GMail, but hosted on a M$ Exchange server).

KMail has also taken to temporarily loosing my mail.  I can see a few days
worth, and several months back, but the intervale messages seem to be
missing.  If I close Kontact/KMail (sometimes w/ a crash) things are back to
normal.

I am using KDE 3.5.8, Kontact 1.2.4, KMail 1.9.6

Thanks for any suggestions