[kde-linux] Kmail (plus more troubles)

Gaffer. derrick_s at tesco.net
Fri Jan 25 23:24:44 UTC 2008

On Friday 25 January 2008 21:26, Kevin M Coonan MD inscribed thus:
> On Thursday 20 December 2007 13:35:35 Gaffer. wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > A general question.  Running Open SuSE 10.3  KDE Desktop.
> > Are there any known issues with Kmail not sending messages in the
> > outbox Using "Check Mail In" and timed mail checks, where "Send
> > mail on all Mail checks" is ticked.
> >
> > I'm having an issue with mail not being sent at all or very
> > intermittently.  I thought at first that this could be an ISP
> > problem but it doesn't happen using SuSE 10.1 or 10.2.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> I have been having the same problems under openSuSE 10.2.  I also
> have had the same intollerable repsonse w/ IMAP that another user
> has mentioned (not GMail, but hosted on a M$ Exchange server).
>
> KMail has also taken to temporarily loosing my mail.  I can see a
> few days worth, and several months back, but the intervale messages
> seem to be missing.  If I close Kontact/KMail (sometimes w/ a
> crash) things are back to normal.
>
> I am using KDE 3.5.8, Kontact 1.2.4, KMail 1.9.6
>
> Thanks for any suggestions

I now have several users that are having problems with sending mail
via Kmail.  As a temporary measure I have set up web mail for them.
The common things seem to be Open SuSE 10.3 and the ISP.  Oddly enough
if I set their login/password on my laptop (Open SuSE 10.2) at their
locations and using their ADSL connection and equipment things work
as they should.

Another thing that has happened in a couple of cases when I have done
this is that odd mails sent weeks ago suddenly arrives in the inbox.
This also happened on a machine that I reformatted and re-installed
Open SuSE 10.2 onto

I hope that this helps shed some light on the problem..

--
Best Regards:
             Derrick.