[kde-linux] KDED crashes on KDE 3.5.8

Emanoil Kotsev a9706152 at unet.univie.ac.at
Fri Jan 25 01:25:21 UTC 2008

Hello, everybody,

X Error: BadWindow (invalid window parameter) 3
   Major opcode: 19
   Minor opcode: 0
   Resource id: 0x2600091

I was googling today because I see this all the time in my .xsession-errors
file and it's getting bigger and bigger (the file I mean). I have actually
folling in my error file. I don't think kded is crashing

X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  20
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0xc00104
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  19
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0xc00104
Very strange! got a DCOPReply opcode, but we were not waiting for a reply!
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  19
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x500004a
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  19
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x5200024
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  19
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x5a00003

X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  19
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x5600003

X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  20
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x5408015

I was trying to find out where it is coming from but couldn't until now.
I am also not quite sure that I can reproduce it. I think it happens when I
resize or close windows.

David, are you useing second display. I have a feeling it is an X server
problem or something not working between X and KDE.

My KDE is also v3.5.8 on Debian.

I think when I was using single display with GL the message wass not there,
but I am not quite sure. need to check this when I have more time.

I was able to reproduce it with idle for python. when closing it prints:

X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  19
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x520000f

thus may be when some aplications close something wrong happens.

If you here something on this subject let me know.

best regards