[kde-linux] Possibility of problems when copying files over?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 22 20:31:44 UTC 2008

I'm getting a bit worried about this laptop, as it seems to have a few
problems not seen on any other computers on the LAN.  For instance, if I log
out > End Session it freezes on a blank screen.

The laptop has had a hard-drive replacement.  Before it went back to the
manufacturer I made a backup of all data and config files.  All my .kde
folder was copied back.  The old drive had Mandriva 2007.1 and the new one
has Mandriva 2008.  Does anyone know whether there have been any significant
changes that would cause problems if the old config file is being used?