[kde-linux] Sound conversion from .rm to.mp3

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Jan 23 18:52:11 UTC 2008

This is odd.  You can get mplayer to output to stdout:

	mplayer -ao pcm:waveheader:file=/dev/stdout <file>

or

	mplayer -ao pcm:nowaveheader:file=/dev/stdout <file>

depending on whether or not you want a wave header.

But, encoders won't accept it. :-(

And, you can produce a WAV file directly:

	mplayer -ao pcm:waveheader:file=<out>.wav <file>

If this were to be added to KDE, would we want a GUI front end that
would allow the user to select a file and what they wanted it converted
to and the app would make any necessary intermediate conversions?

Or, should we just add "Actions" options and scripts to do the conversions.

--
JRT

--
JRT