[kde-linux] State of Konqueror: my 2 cents

joseph lockhart jwl_andlovesaidno at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 23:24:33 UTC 2008

> The major change to Konqueror in 4.0 was to remove
> two file manager
> KParts and replace them with a Dolphin KPart.
> Perhaps this can be
> justified for maintainability, but the unfortunate
> fact is that
> Konqueror 4.0.0 lacks many of the features which
> Konqueror 3.5.x has.

oh yes i should add *get rid of Dolphin*

IMHO there is no reason for so many file managers, and
Dolphin is a poor (perhaps just young) example of one.
Konq is supposed to be the basis of all KDE apps (read
the opening statements on their website
www.konqueror.org) and Dolphin interferes with how
Konq operates as a file manager and must be deleted
before Konq begins to act like it should.

But to each there own i guess, just don't turn what is
the most useful linux app into crippleware

my $0.02

jwlockhart

Registered Linux User #458799
Registered Kubuntu User #19678