[kde-linux] State of Konqueror: my 2 cents

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sun Jan 27 22:23:35 UTC 2008

Werner Joss wrote:
> Am Montag, 21. Januar 2008 22:38:21 schrieb James Richard Tyrer:
>> I see it as a large problem: configuration of Konqueror and URLs
>> are mixed together -- you can't save a set of tabs' URLs without
>> saving a configuration.
>
> that's correct. I don't see this as a big problem, however.

One of the things that makes it a large problem is that the number of
tabs is part of the configuration not part of the 'save URL' so if you
have a View Profile with no saved URL (i.e. just a configuration) you
can't switch to it if Konqueror has multiple tabs open.

> werner btw. I don't really understand why all this fuss about
> konqueror beeing abandoned etc. creeps up, just because there is a
> new, lightweight 'only filemanager': dolphin.

Probably because of a lack of development on Konqueror.

--
JRT