[kde-linux] Problem with menu .desktop file paths

Murray Trainer mtrainer at central-data.net
Mon Feb 25 05:40:57 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am using KDE 3.5.8 on Kubuntu 7.10.  I want to modify the path that is
used to find .desktop files that populate my KDE menu file.  I
want /usr/local/share/applications/ to be searched
before /usr/share/applications/ as the current setup below is causing me
problems with missing menu entries.

kde-config --path xdgdata-apps
/root/.local/share/applications/:/usr/share/applications/:/usr/local/share/applications/

I have tried various things in /etc/kderc without success.  Can anyone
suggest a solution?

Thanks

Murray Trainer