[kde-linux] Hello: is anybody home

sc toothpik at swbell.net
Fri Feb 22 20:10:10 UTC 2008

On Thursday 21 February 2008 05:11, david wrote:
> Robert Nimmed wrote:
> > I notice that there have been no new postings to this
> > list for over a month.
> >
> > Is the quality list dead?
>
> Don't know about *that* list ;-) but I see seven new emails
> from kde-linux (not including yours) just this evening.
> There were a bunch this morning, and the day before that.
>
> Are you sure you don't have some mindless antispam software
> intercepting your list emails? I discovered (simply by
> noticing that my incoming spam had dropped a lot) that my
> ISP had implemented and activated (on its own, without any
> notice to me!) their own spam filter that was squirrelling
> incoming email it thought was spam into a Spam folder and
> not giving it to my mail client anymore. I logged in
> through their webmail interface, glanced at the spam
> folder, and found a number of legitimate mails. So I turned
> off their spam filter.

david--

thank you for posting this -- i too noticed a recent
drop in spam quantity and was scandalized to learn that
not only had my isp started filtering for me (also
without telling me!), they were deleting the spams!  i
had to have tech support walk me through logging in to
their web mail, which i have never used til today, had
to fill out my profile before i could get to email, and
was shocked to learn what they had started doing
without forcing me to agree to it first

they do provide the option of turning off the
filtering, which i did immediately, and logged out,
hopefully never to have to struggle with their
fancified gui again

sc