[kde-linux] Hello: is anybody home

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Feb 21 11:11:44 UTC 2008

Robert Nimmed wrote:
> I notice that there have been no new postings to this list for over a month.
>
> Is the quality list dead?

Don't know about *that* list ;-) but I see seven new emails from
kde-linux (not including yours) just this evening. There were a bunch
this morning, and the day before that.

Are you sure you don't have some mindless antispam software intercepting
your list emails? I discovered (simply by noticing that my incoming spam
had dropped a lot) that my ISP had implemented and activated (on its
own, without any notice to me!) their own spam filter that was
squirrelling incoming email it thought was spam into a Spam folder and
not giving it to my mail client anymore. I logged in through their
webmail interface, glanced at the spam folder, and found a number of
legitimate mails. So I turned off their spam filter.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community