[kde-linux] k3b won't verify data

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 4 19:19:51 UTC 2008

On Monday 04 February 2008 17:26:25 Gaffer. wrote:
> On Monday 04 February 2008 17:12, Anne Wilson inscribed thus:

> I have only one drive, a NEC_DVD_ RW ND-3500AG-B.  Its seems only to
> fail to verify when I burn a DVD.  The burn always completes just
> fine, then I hit cancel when its fails to start the verification.

Is there any possibility of borrowing a drive and trying that?  I could be way
off beam, but every thread I've read about this seems to come back to a
hardware problem.  As a matter of interest, how old is the drive?  Is it one
of the early generation of DVD drives?  Standards were not as adhered to in
the early days - the old business of trying to get an advantage by doing
something non-standard.  Anyway, if you can borrow a drive and try that it
would answer the problem, one way or the other.

Anne