[kde-linux] Problem logging in as non-root user [SOLVED]

Neeraj Vaidya neeraj.vaidya at yahoo.co.in
Mon Aug 11 18:07:24 UTC 2008

SOLVED....This thread may be closed.
Here is how :
Created a symlink to the libs in /usr/X11R6/lib from /usr/lib
As root type the following
# cd /usr/lib
# ln -sv /usr/X11R6/lib/* .

I figured I needed to do this because when I tried to start xterm using a non-root login , xterm was not able to locate libXft.so.2 (pardon me if I have the name of the library wrong , in a hurry to go back to sleep....peacefully  )

And this I figured by using strace on the xterm command.