[kde-linux] KBlogger 0.6 doesn't set timestamp

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Mon Apr 28 16:20:31 UTC 2008

Am Montag, 28. April 2008 12:35:54 schrieb Rosalind Mitchell:
> I've been evaluating kblogger for updating my two Wordpress blogs (see
> sig), using Kubuntu Hardy and KDE 3,  but it has been found seriously
> wanting because it apparently fails to set the timestamp on posts, even
> after using the Edit Timestamp function.  The timestamp appears accurate in
> the kblogger console but does not transmit to the blog.

this is a known bug in kblogger which has been fixed in 0.7beta3, the last
version for kde3.x - be sure to check what you have installed.

> I note that there is another kblogger application for KDE4.  Is this a
> signal to move over to KDE4, even though I haven't been wild about what
> I've seen of it?

kblogger for kde4 is definitely better than the kde3 version, and it is beeing
actively developed (as opposed to the kde3 version, which is de facto
abandoned).
however, after having tried kde4.0.x for awhile, I went back to 3.5.9, mostly
because kde4 is so darn sluggish (at least for me).
I'll wait for 4.1 and hope things will improve then.

werner