[kde-linux] KDE 4 Beta 4/RC1

Ben Kevan ben.kevan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 21:32:03 UTC 2007

Hey All,

I've installed all the RC/Beta 4 packages ( I believe the Desktop is still
under Beta 4, but the kde4libs are RC ) and I must say, some good strides
have been made, but they should have considered keeping everything at the
Beta 4 level even if the libs are considered to be RC for simplicity sakes.
Many people will install the latest version thinking that it's a full RC and
as you can see when you install, it isn't.

One big thing I don't see right away is I don't get the pretty flower
desktop.. Why? Killing Plasma and running it says bad image path.. Doh!.. I
am going to have to make sure I installed that package I guess.

WHOA.. Nice splace screen.. haha..

Remember password under kdesu.. hummmm where does it store.

Now with the new kdesu I can't open things, have to run as root from konsole.

YaST QT Icon is UGLY... In the "taskbar"

Alot more coming up..