[kde-linux] KDE sound screwed, one user account ONLY

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Oct 30 23:25:52 UTC 2007

Well, I haven't had a good month -- it started when my motherboard died,
but I am up and running again.

I have, due to this, had the opportunity to rebuild a lot of stuff and
have been trying to determine if there are any dependency issues.

I think that I was making some progress on the aRts issues (you don't
have these if you use a distro's binary).

But now I have somehow mangled the sound configuration in my user
account.  I created a new user account to test it and it works
perfectly.  I temporarily removed: "$HOME/.kde/share/config/" and it
made no difference.

Very odd symptom is the if I open the Sound System KCM and click the:
"Test Sound" button, it hangs.  No test sound is played and the button
stays down -- I have to kill the window.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

--
JRT