[kde-linux] Printer losing whitespace

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at freesurf.ch
Wed Oct 3 13:37:10 UTC 2007

Hi,

Trying to install HP-Photosmart C4200 series printer on Suse 9.3.
I copied into Yast the ppd file "HP-PhotoSmart_C4200-hpijs.ppd".
Now the printer does not display linefeeds, all the paragraphs are lumped
together.

I am not sure it is a version problem of the ppd file because:
http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?group_id=149981&release_id=518051
issued a patch for HPLIP 2.7.6 (Fixing an issue regarding loosing white space
on some inkjet printers) but the ppd file in HPLIP 2.7.9 is the same.
B.T.W. I didn't install HPLIP (problematic on Suse 9.3) but only tried to use
Yast.

Thanks for any pointers or advice
Perry

--
BOFH excuse #53: Little hamster in running wheel had coronary; waiting for
replacement to be Fedexed from Wyoming