[kde-linux] KDE and xorg.conf mouse settings conflict - how do I disable KDE control of my mice?

Andrew Malota ender at neo.tamu.edu
Wed Nov 7 23:25:02 UTC 2007

Howdy folks:

I have my xorg.conf set up for two mice: a Synaptics touchpad built into my
laptop and an external Logitech USB mouse.

When I'm using X with no KDE, my mouse settings (acceleration, scrolling,
etc.) are perfect - note that they're not the same for both mice.

When KDE starts, it tramples the settings for the touchpad AND the external
mouse - it applies the same acceleration setting to both devices, which makes
both impossible to control.

I can change the acceleration setting in KDE control center, but it applies to
both mice, which is not what I want.

Is there a way to tell KDE not to override the mouse settings that the X
server is already using?

Thanks much in advance...
Andrew

Gentoo i686