[kde-linux] Installing KDE in Home Directory

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon May 28 14:23:54 UTC 2007

On Monday 28 May 2007, O. Olson wrote:

> So what do I do? Do I move installed_arts to
> installed_kdelibs – but I don’t think that would work.
> Also if I copy the contents of installed_arts to
> installed_kdelibs I may not know later what belongs to
> aRts and what to kdelibs.

Better use just one prefix for all configure calls, i.e. install all packages
into the same directory (distributions do it the same way)

It gets very complicated if you have separated prefixes, since you have to
pass all directories to subsequent configure calls, etc.

Cheers.
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring