[kde-linux] Installing KDE in Home Directory

O. Olson olson_ord at yahoo.it
Tue May 29 00:35:56 UTC 2007

--- Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> ha scritto:

> Better use just one prefix for all configure calls,
> i.e. install all packages
> into the same directory (distributions do it the
> same way)
>
> It gets very complicated if you have separated
> prefixes, since you have to
> pass all directories to subsequent configure calls,
> etc.
>
> Cheers.
> Kevin

Dear Kevin,
	Thank you for your email. I now tried to install all
the packages into the same directory, and the
configure script for the KDE libs works. However it
crashes when doing “make”. The error is something
like:

grep: /lib/libattr.la: No such file or directory
/bin/sed: can't read /lib/libattr.la: No such file or
directory
libtool: link: `/lib/libattr.la' is not a valid
libtool archive
make[3]: *** [libkio.la] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/masca/kdelibs-3.5.7/kio'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/masca/kdelibs-3.5.7/kio'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/masca/kdelibs-3.5.7'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have a /lib/libattr.so, and a /usr/lib/libattr.so  -
but no libattr.la file anywhere on my system.

rpm -qa | grep libattr
libattr-2.4.16-3
libattr-devel-2.4.16-3

Does this help? Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks a lot.
O.O.