[kde-linux] Installing KDE in Home Directory

O. Olson olson_ord at yahoo.it
Sun May 27 00:44:06 UTC 2007

--- Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> ha scritto:
> Yes, this should work pretty nicely.
> You need to make sure that whatever you compile, you
> pass the
> --prefix
> option to configure, for examle
>
> ./configure --prefix /home/username/kdeinstall
>
> Then, for running it, you need to make sure a couple
> of environment variables
> are set correctly
>
> PATH needs to point to prefix/bin
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH needs to point to prefix/lib
>
> KDEDIRS needs to point to prefix
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Dear Kevin,

	Thanks for responding. Please let me know if there is
any documentation on what to download and what to
compile, and how to do it. I am new to this.

As I mentioned in my original email, I tried to use
Konstruct but it first complains regarding the
libpcre, and then crashes because it cannot find
/usr/lib/libart_lgpl_2.la

Any ideas
Thanks again,
O.O.

P.S. Is this the correct mailing list for this
question. Also if I have questions regarding
Konstruct, do I post them here, or to another list.