[kde-linux] Alternate Characters

Thomas Ronayne trona at ameritech.net
Sun Jun 17 16:54:14 UTC 2007

Prior to KDE 3.5.x (I'm currently using 3.5.4) there was a way of
switching between US and US dead keys (at least I think that's what is
was) so I could type, say, the letter e followed by a singly quote to
get an accented e; same with umlauts and similar multi-stroke
characters. I've not been able to discover how to do that in KDE 3.4.x
and I wonder if someone would be kind enough to point the way -- fooling
the mouse to "insert a special character" is a complete pain and if
there is some way to type a sequence it would be a great thing.

Thanks.