[kde-linux] Hotplug (USB) Problem with KDE 3.5.5 - dbus/hal

Hans Hacker hacker at studentenwerk.mhn.de
Mon Jun 11 06:52:55 UTC 2007

Well, the problem is, that we have dozends or more different groups...
I thought about writing a script which adds all the different groups
to '/etc/dbus-1/system.d/hal.conf' ...
but i would prefer a somewhat cleaner method !

Can i switch back to pmount ? pmount would work perfect, because
it accepts the settings from '/etc/security/group.conf'

I couldn't figure out how exactly kde mounts the devices ... i renamed
'kio_media_mounthelper' and wrote me a perl-script (with this name) which
should mount the device via 'pmount' but it appears that kde doesn't use
'kio_media_mounthelper' ...

cheers
Hans

--