[kde-linux] K3b won't write DVD+RW

Stuart Norman cyrwyn at wildblue.net
Sat Jun 9 15:00:56 UTC 2007

I'm running the new pclinuxos-2007 with K3b v1 on an Averatec 7155 laptop with
AMD 64 Turion. When I try to write a formatted DVD+RW it locks up X - no
keyboard or mouse function, so the only thing I can do at that point is shut
down the machine. 2007 is also installed on an older desktop with Athlon
processor and fairly new DVD writer. On this machine K3b still won't write
DVD+RW, but doesn't lock up - it gives a write error, but no specific data.
The pclinuxos forum hasn't been any help so far. This looks like a bug. BTW I
I can write CD-RW on both machines. I haven't tried DVD-R or -RW because I
don't have any. No unusual configuration has been done on either system.

Any ideas what or how I can get more information on what's going on?

--
This message has traveled almost the distance to the moon!

Stuart Norman
cyrwyn at wildblue.net
Registered Linux user 239714
Censorship is the ultimate obscenity.