[kde-linux] K3b won't write DVD+RW

Luis Mendre mendre at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 16:12:06 UTC 2007

Hi:
I'm runing pclinuxos-2007 on my desktop  AMD and i have no problems at all
formating
or writing data to my DVD+RW.
Did u try the media on other pc ?

On 6/9/07, Stuart Norman <cyrwyn at wildblue.net> wrote:

> I'm running the new pclinuxos-2007 with K3b v1 on an Averatec 7155 laptop
> with
> AMD 64 Turion. When I try to write a formatted DVD+RW it locks up X - no
> keyboard or mouse function, so the only thing I can do at that point is
> shut
> down the machine. 2007 is also installed on an older desktop with Athlon
> processor and fairly new DVD writer. On this machine K3b still won't write
> DVD+RW, but doesn't lock up - it gives a write error, but no specific
> data.
> The pclinuxos forum hasn't been any help so far. This looks like a bug.
> BTW I
> I can write CD-RW on both machines. I haven't tried DVD-R or -RW because I
> don't have any. No unusual configuration has been done on either system.
>
> Any ideas what or how I can get more information on what's going on?
>
> --
> This message has traveled almost the distance to the moon!
>
> Stuart Norman
> cyrwyn at wildblue.net
> Registered Linux user 239714
> Censorship is the ultimate obscenity.

Everything you can do with that other OS you can do in PCLinuxOS without
worrying about virus infections, adware or spyware.
Linux Registered user #390337 - http://www.pclinuxos.com/ = "Radically
Simple"