[kde-linux] Floppy drive access

Christopher Huggins chrishuggs at cbb4u.co.uk
Fri Jul 6 17:40:59 UTC 2007

Hi all

I have just upgraded to openSuSE 10.2 with KDE 3.5 and have two problems:

1.  Each time I boot, the volume control has reset itself to maximum
volume-result deafness is approaching.

2.  If I insert a floppy disk and then open Konqueror and Click
on 'media>floppy' nothing happens.   The only way I can read the disk is to
open a console and enter 'mount /dev/fd0' and then open Konqueror.  Then I
can read the disk.   In earlier versions of SuSE and KDE the drive was
automatically mounted on insertion of a disk.
The entry in 'fstab' reads "/dev/fd0  /media/floppy  auto  noauto,user,sync  0
0"  This is the default entry created on installation.

Has anyone any suggestions on how I can correct these two problems, please.

Chris.