[kde-linux] Update to 6.10

Richard E. Barmann reb68 at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 12 10:16:19 UTC 2007

I have been trying to update to Ver. 6.10 for over a week. I tried running
linux and inserting my .iso dvd that I downloaded and burned. I tried going
to "gksu "update-manager -c"" and I get
--------------
There was an error setting up inter-process communications for KDE. The
message returned by the system was:
Could not read network connection list.
/root/DCOPserver_dick-desktop_0
Please check that the "dcopserver" program is running/
-----------------
I am able to download /install the upgrades shown in the update manger ie:
firefox, Opera, Openoffice, updates but not he 6.10 upgrade. I also cannot
connect to the 2 URL,s (wiki.ubuntu.com/ etc and Launchpad.net/) that are
shown in update manager.
My file in root reads "/root/.DCOPserver_dick-desktop_NODISPLAY"
Please help as I want to update without losing my files (which would happen if
I did an install)
--
http://georgiatrailriders.com
http://www.barmannsbar.com