[kde-linux] internet very slow with konqueror

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Fri Feb 23 15:44:11 UTC 2007

Am Freitag, 23. Februar 2007 15:56 schrieben Sie:
> Hi,
>
> my internet connection is actually _very_ slow (pages take ages to load and I
> often have to reload them several times because of 404 errors). I suspect
> konqueror or some lower kde module to be responsible because other
> applications like wget or apt-get generally work fine around 300k/s, but I
> know nothing about networks so I might be wrong. If I try to download a big
> file from a web page, it takes a long time to start (and sometimes fails) but
> once it's started the dl speed is reasonable. Even more frustrating,
> everything work fine with IE under windows :)
>
> I'm using Konqueror 3.5.5 on an up to date Debian Sid.
>
> Any suggestion welcome...

this sounds like the so called 'IPV6 problem' - you might try to disable ipv6 support, there should be an env variable KDE_USE_IPV6="no" to be set somewhere in your system configuration.
google for 'konqueror kde ipv6' should also give you some hints.

werner