[kde-linux] internet very slow with konqueror

Cédric Lucantis omer at no-log.org
Fri Feb 23 14:56:53 UTC 2007

Hi,

my internet connection is actually _very_ slow (pages take ages to load and I
often have to reload them several times because of 404 errors). I suspect
konqueror or some lower kde module to be responsible because other
applications like wget or apt-get generally work fine around 300k/s, but I
know nothing about networks so I might be wrong. If I try to download a big
file from a web page, it takes a long time to start (and sometimes fails) but
once it's started the dl speed is reasonable. Even more frustrating,
everything work fine with IE under windows :)

I'm using Konqueror 3.5.5 on an up to date Debian Sid.

Any suggestion welcome...

thanks,
--
Cédric Lucantis