[kde-linux] KDE + Time Zones + Daylight-saving-time

Alain M. alainm at pobox.com
Wed Feb 21 23:44:46 UTC 2007

Kevin Krammer escreveu:
> Just to be sure it is not some kind of environment problem (i.e. the shell you
> call "date" in might have different settings than the one which started KDE)
>
> ALT+F2 (to open the KDE run dialog)
> date > /tmp/dateout.txt
> Check the file if it contains the correct date or if it shows the same error.

I reconfigured everything, rebooted and the file has the correct time.
AND the file's timestamp is correct!!!

Even more strangeness: I open the "ajust clock" window in KDE and it
show the correct time, but at the bottom of the screen it shows the
WRONG time!!!

Ok, I believe that the problem os not the time, but the program showing
it at the bottom of the screen!!! This is the one that has the fancy
time-zone settings!

And more: if I change the timezone using the clock ajust screen,
everything gets messed up, then I fix /etc/localtime and everything is
correct again, except the time at the bottom of the screen.

thanks so far,
Alain