[kde-linux] KDE + Time Zones + Daylight-saving-time

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Feb 21 23:18:28 UTC 2007

On Thursday 22 February 2007 00:06, Alain M. wrote:
> I searched feroraforum, thanks, but my problem is not to set my
> timezone, but to *make kde respect it*
>
> Please let me explain: my if I set /etc/localtime correctly, date gives
> me the correct result. But KDE will not respect it, it looks like KDE
> follows /usr/share/apps/libical/zoneinfo with some configuration of it's
> own.

Hmm.
Just to be sure it is not some kind of environment problem (i.e. the shell you
call "date" in might have different settings than the one which started KDE)

ALT+F2 (to open the KDE run dialog)

date > /tmp/dateout.txt

Check the file if it contains the correct date or if it shows the same error.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring