[kde-linux] konqueror settings lost when I reboot

Dale dalek at exceedtech.net
Sat Feb 17 10:27:24 UTC 2007

Rod Butcher wrote:
> I recompiled KDE from the 3.5.6 souces and it worked great until I
> rebooted. Then I discovered that Konqueror won't recognise .html as a
> file type it supports and attempts to load some other program to handle
> the web page. Also all the internet-related settings such as fonts are
> not available under settings -> configure Konqueror. So what is being
> lost when I reboot ? If I recompile the kdebase package all the
> konqueror settings become active again but disappear when I reboot.
> Where are these settings stored ?
> thanks
> Rod

It sounds like a config file got updated and when you rebooted, it
loaded the new settings.  I'm not sure about your distro but I always
keep a back up of my configs just in case.  I have not ran into this
before though.

You may can fix some of this by checking your file associations.  You
should have a little thing that looks like a wrench in there somewhere,
then look for File Associations under KDE Components.  You can then tell
it to use Konqueror to open html files.  I hope I understood the problem
correctly.

I'm not sure about the fonts problem though.

You may also want to indicate which distro you are using.  I use Gentoo,
some use Redhat or Mandrake and a ton of others.  The distro makes a
huge difference sometimes and this lists has subscribers from a lot of them.

Dale

--
www.myspace.com/dalek1967