[kde-linux] Viewing Network Folders

Boyan Tabakov blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 13:13:37 UTC 2007

On 1.2.2007 14:01:50 Anne Wilson wrote:
> nmbd is running.  It looks as though chameleon is not on the same network
> as the rest of us - definitely a change, as it used to be seen easily from
> this box, and isn't any more.  I've checked smb.conf, and even pasted in
> the global section from this box, to give a known working configuration.
>
> The workgroup name is correct.  testparm shows no errors.  I've checked
> smbusers and smbpasswd.  No problems at all show up.  Etherape can see
> chameleon.
>
> Cabling must be OK, as I can send mail using the lan address.
>
> Anne

Maybe try browsing your network with smbtree. That way you could rule out
possible smb:/ protocol issue of the gui.

I know this sounds stupid, but are the ip addresses correct? Is the host you
are having problems with on the same ip network? Is the local traffic
filtered in some way?

--
Blade hails you...

Take my life if you have the heart to die
                              --Nightwish