[kde-linux] deleted .kde

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Dec 28 10:29:54 UTC 2007

On Friday 28 December 2007, david wrote:
> Sorry. Only thing I can think of after that would be to just give up on
> this user ID, create a new ID and have the system set up a new .kde tree
> for it, and move things over ...

Since .kde got removed the problem is caused by something outside .kde

Did the unsuccessful login attempt recreate .kde?

If yes, there should be some symlinks inside it, pointing to user specific
locations for cache, sockets, etc.

Maybe it helps to remove those directories as well.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring