[kde-linux] problem to login remotely

Wed Dec 26 21:12:43 UTC 2007

For the first time I tried to use the XDMCP protocol to remotely login
from a client to a host.
But I failed with a "kdm segfault" in /var/log/messages at the host
site. This happens any time I click Login at the client site. The client
is showing the remot login screen.

The client runs Debian 32-bit 2.6.23.9 kde 3.5.8 while the host runs
Debian 64-bit 2.6.23.12 with the same kde version.

I changed two configuration files at the host, namely kdmrc
(Enable=true) and Xaccess (entered the clients IP)

May I have made some configuration error or is this a kde bug? If the
latter is true: do I have to wait for a fix or is there a workaround?

Rolf