[kde-linux] kde-menu-bug

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Aug 8 19:29:37 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 08 August 2007, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> I run opensuse 10.2 , with all the latest updates. This issue has gone on
> quite a while, and I read someone else mention it.
> what happens is I will go to the kicker START menu, select applications
> and, say I want an editor from utilities. The utilities menu isn't there,
> and there is no slider bar to scroll down. The bottom entry says internet.
> Once I select say internet, then hit the Back arrow to return to the main
> application menu, THEN the slider bar is there, and I can scroll down to
> utilities...

SUSE does, as far as I know, have their own implementation of the application
launcher menu, something with tabs and integrated search and so on.

If this is the menu you are taking about, I recommend filing a bug report at
SUSE's/Novell's bug tracking system.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring